DO I REALLY NEED TO APPLY FOR ETHICS CLEARANCE?
- Click HERE to find out if you need to apply for ethics clearance (postgraduate students can refer to slides seven and eight, and undergraduate students can refer to slide nine).
- Click HERE to listen to a recording of an ethics presentation that was presented on 3 March 2023, or click HERE to listen to a recording (slides included) that was presented on 30 November ’17 (you can skip the first 6:15 minutes of the recording).
APPLICATION SUBMISSION CLOSING DATE:
- The Faculty Ethics Screening Committee (FESC) will need to receive your ethics application (i.e. after both you and your supervisor have signed/submitted the application) by no later than Friday, 13 September 2024. Late submissions can unfortunately only be reviewed at the end of January 2025.
- Once your supervisor has signed your ethics application form, you’ll receive a confirmation email from Tanya Ficker (email@example.com) within two work days. If perhaps you don’t receive a confirmation email during that time, kindly inform Tanya and also please follow up with your supervisor to ensure that he/she has successfully signed/submitted your application form.
- Where can I access videos/podcasts on research integrity and ethics?
- How do I apply for ethics clearance? (scroll down and click on the “How-To Manuals”, in the bottom left corner, and then click on the “Application Guide”)
- Should I select the “HREC New Application Form” or the “REC: Social, Behavioural and Education Research (SBER) – Initial Application Form” (under the “Form” option)?
- How do I know if my application will be classified as low, medium or high risk?
- Are there specific submission closing dates for medium-risk applications?
- Is there an APPLICATION GUIDE I can refer to while completing my application?
- How do I know if Institutional Permission is required?
- Where can I download the various templates?
- Can I include a Lucky Draw to motivate people to participate?
- How can my supervisor sign my application form?
- How do I respond to changes requested by my supervisor or by the FESC?
- Troubleshooting – how do I sign in to Infonetica?
- How do I edit my application form?
- When can I start with my data collection?
- How long will it take to obtain ethics clearance?
- How do I change my email address as displayed in my application form?
- How do I respond to stipulations or modifications from the REC?
- How do I submit a final report to the REC, or how do I create a sub-form in order to amend my application or upload a document? (this can only be done once your application has been approved by the REC)
- How do I share my application form?
- What are the REC’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)?
- Ethics clearance for a joint degree (partnership agreement with an international institution)