Before You Apply
DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR ETHICS CLEARANCE?
- Click HERE to find out if you need to apply for ethics clearance (postgraduate students refer to pages 6 & 7, and undergraduate students refer to page 8).
- Click HERE to listen to a recording of an ethics presentation that was presented by Tanya Ficker on 30 November '17 (you can skip the first 6:15 minutes of the recording).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
- Kindly note that the Faculty Ethics Screening Committee (FESC) needs to receive your ethics application by no later than Monday, 26 September 2022 (late submissions will unfortunately only be reviewed at the end of January 2023).
- Kindly note that, once your supervisor has signed your ethics application form, you'll receive a confirmation email from Tanya Ficker (email@example.com) within 48 hours. If you don't receive this email, please follow up with your supervisor to ensure that he/she has signed your application form.
- Where can I access informational videos/podcasts on research integrity and ethics?
- How do I apply for ethics clearance? (scroll down and click on the "How-To Manuals", in the bottom left corner, and then click on the "Application Guide")
- Under the "Create Project" section of the application form, should I select the "HREC New Application Form" or the "REC: SBER - Initial Application Form"?
- How do I know if Institutional Permission is required?
- Interesting article with regards to Gatekeeper (Institutional) Permission
- Where can I download the various templates?
- How do I know if my application will be classified as low, medium or high risk?
- Should I adhere to the official REC meeting dates for 2022?
- Can I include a Lucky Draw to encourage people to participate in my research?
- How can my supervisor sign my application form?
- How do I respond to changes requested by my supervisor or by the FESC?
- Troubleshooting - how do I sign in to Infonetica?
- How do I edit my application form?
- When can I start with my data collection?
- How long will it take to obtain ethics clearance?
- How do I change my email address as displayed in my application form?
- How do I respond to stipulations or modifications from the REC?
- How do I create a sub-form in order to amend my application or upload a document? (a sub-form can only be created after an application has been approved by the REC)
- How do I share my application form?
- What are the REC's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)?